The aim of the Society is:
- to promote and advance the understanding of fossil insects and other non-marine arthropods.
This aim shall be reached by pursuing the following objectives:
- To establish an international bibliography of the subject;
- To exchange information and data on fossil insects and other non-marine arthropods;
- To coordinate meetings and related activities;
- To seek resources to support these aims through grants, donations and subscriptions;
- To work jointly with complementary and affiliated organizations;
- To encourage membership from the amateur and professional sectors, including participation of zoologists and palaeontologists;
- To hold conferences, exhibitions and lectures, and publish general information, atlases and scientific results;
- To encourage responsible collection and exchange of fossil material and respect for applicable legislation on conservation and protection of fossils in the countries involved.